Friday, July 23, 2010

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food

This will likely be the first of many posts about kitchens. Of all of the parts of the home, this is the room I have spent the most time considering. Over the past few years, my taste has stayed fairly consistent. I'm generally drawn to the simple white cabinets, white tile backsplash, and carrera marble countertops. My only complaint with that look is that it can sometimes appear sterile and cold. I love the way this kitchen has the brick hood, rough hewn beams, and dark hardwood floors to add warmth:


Right now, this is my favorite kitchen. The only thing I would change is the pendant lights over the island. They're a little industrial. I would replace them with these schoolhouse lights:


I think I would also prefer antique wood or distressed leather vintage stools next to the island. Something along these lines:


Any thoughts or suggestions? I can just picture preparing coffee in the morning in a warm terry cloth robe with some furry Ugg slippers while it lightly snows outside. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment