Sunday, December 12, 2010

A perfect Boston weekend

This post was started August 29, 2010:

Last weekend, Chris and I took a 24 hour trip to Boston for Emily and Kevin's wedding. It was a short but phenomenal vacation! Immediately after arriving at Logan, my parents whisked us away to Newbury Street to meet up with Bert and Tina (Chris' parents) at Sonsie's for lunch. Whenever we all get together, I just can't help but feel lucky that our families have meshed so well. We always have a great time and I am incredibly grateful for that. Meeting up for a quick lunch in Boston gave us yet another reason to want to move back to New England where we could be close to both of our families.

After lunch, we were again swept away - this time by a cab headed to Boston Harbor Hotel for Emily and Kevin's wedding! The ride to the hotel just about did me in. Being back in Boston was refreshing - so quaint and charming. With my rose colored glasses on, everyone was beautifully dressed, happy, smiling, and the sky was a bright shade of blue. Even Chris was just as pathetically smitten as I was. That says a lot coming from a Yankees fan.

The wedding was perfect. Emily and Kevin were so happy and so obviously in love. I was a teary mess during the ceremony and let's just say Chris could have used a tissue too. The evening felt like a dream: a beautiful venue, a cool summer breeze, great dancing, delicious food, and of course: my favorite girlfriends from Colby (and their dashing dates)! It was a perfect weekend and it made me miss New England even more than I had before.


Congratulations and best wishes to Emily and Kevin! We love you both so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment